Cardiovascular Emergency Protocols
Download or connect to the protocols and materials necessary for treating these cardiac emergencies.
- Level 1 STEMI
- Level 2 NSTEMI
- Level 3 & 4 Chest Pain
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
- Aortic Dissection (AoD)
- Acute Limb Ischemia (ALI)
- Bleeding Management with DOACs 2019
- Congenital Heart Thromboprophylaxis_2019
- Cool It Targeted Temperature Management (TTM)
- DVT & PE 2019
- DVT & PE Prophylaxix in Medically ill_2019
- Shock without Trauma (SWOT)
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO
- Extracorporeal Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (ECPR)
- Periprocedural Mgmt (Bleeding Risks)
- Periprocedural Mgmt (Cardioversion)
- Periprocedural Mgmt (Cath Lab)
- Periprocedural Mgmt (DOACs)
- Periprocedural Mgmt (Electrophysiology)
- Periprocedural Mgmt (Neuraxial or Nerve Procedures)
- Periprocedural Mgmt (Thrombotic Risks)
- Periprocedural Mgmt (Warfarin)
- Periprocedural Mgmt (Watchman)_2019
- Pulmonary Embolism (PE)
- Stroke (CVA
Guidelines are not meant to replace clinical judgment or professional standards of care. Clinical judgment must take into consideration all the facts in each individual and particular case, including individual patient circumstances and patient preferences. They serve to inform clinical judgment, not act as a substitute for it. These guidelines were developed by a Review Organization under Minn. Stat. §145.61 et. seq., and are subject to the limitations described at Minn. Stat. §145.65.
Attention all referring hospitals, clinics and physicians: The One Call Transfer Center is the quickest, most efficient way to transfer and admit patients to Abbott Northwestern.
Call 612-863-3911 anytime to talk with a Minneapolis Heart Institute cardiologist or surgeon.
All other transfers, call 612-863-1000.
Fax clinical and admission information to 1-844-206-0071.
To access MHI Internal resources, please click here (password required).
The app features:
- Protocols for anticoagulation, statin therapy, CAD testing and eCPR
- Which Test When evaluation tool
- One-touch access to Cardiology Curbside, OneCall Transfer Line, anticoagulation clinic and CV test scheduling
Visit the app store on your mobile device and search MHI/ANW CV Emergencies.
For more information:
Has the Time Come for a National Cardiovascular Emergency Care System?
ST segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction & Non-ST segment Elevation-Acute Coronary Syndrome:
- 2013 ACCF/AHA Guidelines for STEMI
- 2014 ACCF/AHA Guidelines for NSTE-ACS
- A Regional System to Provide Timely Access to Percutaneous Coronary Intervention for STEMI
Cardiac Arrest & Targeted Temperature Management:
Cardiogenic Shock & Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation:
- Cardiogenic Shock: Current Concepts and Improved Outcomes
- Percutaneous VA ECMO for Refractory Cardiogenic Shock
Aortic Dissection, Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, and Critical Limb Ischemia: