Cardiology Fellowships at Minneapolis Heart Institute
Education is central to our mission at Minneapolis Heart Institute®. We offer fellowships in four specialties: Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, Structural Cardiology and Vascular Surgery.
What sets Minneapolis Heart Institute® apart?
- Part of Abbott Northwestern Hospital, ranked in the top 20 nationally by US News and World Report for cardiology and heart surgery
- Provide care in 12 Twin Cities metro locations and more than 36 communities across Minnesota
- Employ more than 57 cardiologists, nine vascular surgeons and seven cardiothoracic surgeons
- Formed in 1981, bringing more than 36 years of cardiovascular expertise to our patients
- Focus on providing optimal care, transforming physician leadership, innovating health care delivery, research and education
- Access to cutting-edge research with Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation®
Learn more about Kevin Harris, MD, fellowship site director at Minneapolis Heart Institute®.
Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship
Minneapolis Heart Institute® is proud to be part of the Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship at Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC). Fellows in the three-year program rotate at Minneapolis Heart Institute® at Abbott Northwestern Hospital and HCMC. The fellowship is ACGME-accredited and offers fellows one-on-one training with top cardiologists in two different hospital settings.
We train cardiovascular disease specialists with superb clinical skills, a lifelong commitment to learning and the ability to serve as leaders in the medical community.
What sets our cardiovascular disease fellowship apart?
- Training in two different hospital settings providing diverse case mix
- Commitment to education, dedicated ½ day of conference and weekly conferences
- Small size of fellowship leads to flexibility in scheduling
- National leaders in imaging, structural heart and interventional areas
- International elective option
- High clinical and procedural volumes
- Pioneers in interventional and structural procedures
- Innovative programs
- Clinical research opportunities with Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation®, which publishes more than 150 clinical manuscripts annually
Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Fellowship
Minneapolis Heart Institute® is proud to introduce the first independent, ACGME-approved vascular surgery fellowship in the country. This new program offers world-class vascular surgery training at Abbott Northwestern Hospital, ranked #1 in the Twin Cities by US News and World Report.
What sets our program apart?
- Dedicated attending staff and advanced practice providers
- Two hybrid endovascular operating rooms
- Dedicated vascular surgery operating rooms
- ICAVL-accredited non-invasive vascular laboratory
- IAC-accredited vein center
- Training in endovascular therapies, wound care and hyperbaric medicine
- Mentorship in clinic research with the Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation
Learn about Timothy M. Sullivan, MD, vascular fellowship program director.
Candidates must complete an ACGME-approved five-year general residency prior to applying.
Please include the following materials to be considered for the fellowship:
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Medical school transcript
- Letters of recommendation
- ABSITE transcripts (surgical fellowships only)
- Postgraduate Training Authorization Letter (PTAL) or “California Letter” (international medical graduates only)
Submit your application materials via email:
Or postal mail:
Timothy M. Sullivan, MD
Program Director, Vascular & Endovascular Surgery Fellowship
Abbott Northwestern Hospital
800 East 28th St
Minneapolis, MN 55407
For questions or more information, please contact our program coordinator at 612-863-6800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.