Cardiovascular Quaternary Services
In recent years, we’ve made important strides in our efforts to advance quaternary services. We offer treatments that are not readily available elsewhere in the region, and we have invested in the people, systems and technology that help us set the pace in cardiovascular innovation and care.
- Minneapolis Heart Institute® has continued to expand services to those patients with end-stage heart failure. Our Center for Advanced Heart Failure Treatment has had
exceptional results, not only for those patients going on to heart transplantation, but also for the large number of patients who have benefited from placement of mechanical assist devices and extracorporeal mechanical oxygenation (ECMO).
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) provided by our Center for Valve & Structural Heart Disease has become an important treatment option for a select number of patients who qualify for this life-saving procedure.
- Complex procedures for arrhythmia management have grown and now our program, the Center for Complex Electrophysiology and Heart Rhythm Management, is the largest in the Midwest with more than 700 ablations performed each year. Our Center for Genetic Arrhythmia has become a foundational program for the identification of patient and family members at risk for life-threatening arrhythmias.
- Our Center for Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy represents one of the most respected and published clinical programs for this condition in the world.
- Our Center for Comprehensive Imaging has grown to be one of the largest programs in the country, providing exceptional clinical information and research in both adult and pediatric cardiovascular imaging.