Advanced cardiovascular imaging
Minneapolis Heart Institute® is a recognized leader in raising the standard of care for advanced cardiovascular imaging. Our imaging specialists have:
- Helped develop appropriateness guidelines for cardiac computed tomography angiography (CCTA) and cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- Worked with the Intersocietal Commission to develop cardiac CT board examination and the CT lab accreditation criteria.
- Led cardiovascular CT education through leadership in the Society for Cardiac Computed Tomography.
Center for Advanced Cardiovascular Imaging
Our program offers patients comprehensive cardiovascular imaging services, including dedicated adult and pediatric cardiovascular CT and MRI. Our patients have seamless access to tests and treatment in one convenient location, often on the same day if needed.
In addition to comprehensive services at Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis, our mobile echo and vascular imaging technologies bring these services to patients in their communities at our conveniently-located outreach sites.
Advanced imaging capabilities allow our subspecialty experts to develop unique treatment approaches for vascular disease, genetic arrhythmias and heart failure. Cardiologists and radiologists from around the world come to Minneapolis Heart Institute® for specialized training.
The Minneapolis Heart Institute® echo lab accomplishments include:
- Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) and 3D echo support for the Valve Center
- Strain Imaging: a new non-invasive method for assessment of myocardial function
- TEE support of complex surgical procedures
- TEE cardioversions: a new process with one-time anesthesia for patients undergoing cardioversion and TEE
|David Lin, MD||Thomas Knickelbine, MD
Director, Preventive Cardiology
|John Lesser, MD
Director, Cardiovascular CT & MRI
|Terrance Longe, MD
Senior Consulting Cardiologist
|Marc Newell, MD||Robert Schwartz, MD|